Friday 5 December 2014

Malala Yousafzai displays school uniform she was shot in

17yr old Pakistani education activist and the youngest-ever Nobel Prize recipient Malala Yousafzai, has donated the school uniform she was wearing when shot by the Taliban for fighting for her right to an education on Oct. 9th 2012. The uniform is on display at the Nobel Peace Center in Norway.

Speaking about her decision to show the uniform at the 2014 Nobel Peace Prize laureate exhibition, Malala said it represents her fight for the right to education.
“My school uniform is very important to me because when I was going to school I would wear it. The day I was attacked I was wearing this uniform. I was fighting for my right to go to school, I was fighting for my right to get education. This is my right, it is the right of every child, to go to school. This should not be neglected.”

No comments:

Post a Comment