Friday 3 July 2015

Read is intresting Oh! See Why This Woman Resigned From A Job She Had For 24 Years.




Linda Barnette has chosen to resign instead of issuing gay marriage licenses in USA. The woman has issued marriage licenses in Grenada County, Mississippi for 24 years now but on Tuesday, she resigned.

 In her one paragraph resignation letter, she said: “I choose to obey God rather than man. I am a follower of Christ and I believe strongly that the Bible is my final authority. The Bible teaches that a marriage is to be between a man and a woman. Therefore, because of the recent ruling of the U.S. Supreme Court, I can no longer fulfill my duties as Circuit Clerk and issue marriage licenses to same sex couples." In an interview, she also said: "I told my supervisors a while back if it happened, I would tender my resignation.
"I had already decided in my heart that I could not issue marriage licenses to same sex couples. It’s my Christian belief. As a follower of Christ, I could not do it. What the bible teaches is contrary. Christians are being put to the test. We’re going to see the true Christians who stand. It’s going to be time to stop talking the talk. It’s going to come down to that.”

Do you think the woman made the right choice? Would you quit your job if you were put in her position? And finally, what could possibly make you quit your job of 24 years?

No comments:

Post a Comment