Friday 24 July 2015

Michael Jackson Wanted To Play Jar Jar Binks


Jar Jar Binks - the most hated ‘Star Wars’ character - was almost even MORE annoying… because he could have been played by Michael Jackson.
The King of Pop, who passed away in June 2009 aged 50, was apparently considered for the role of Jar Jar in  'Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace’ by George Lucas.
Ahmed Best, the unfortunate actor who actually nabbed the role, told Vice: “That’s what George [Lucas] told me.

“Me, Natalie Portman, and George’s kids - we were at Wembley Arena at Michael Jackson’s concert. We were taken backstage and we met Michael.
"There was Michael and Lisa Marie [Presley]. George introduced me as ‘Jar Jar’ and I was like, ‘That’s kind of weird.’ Michael was like, 'Oh. OK.’ I thought, 'What is going on?’
"After Michael had driven off, we all go back up to a big afterparty. I’m having a drink with George and I said, 'Why did you introduce me as Jar Jar?”
“He said, 'Well, Michael wanted to do the part but he wanted to do it in prosthetics and make-up like Thriller.’ George wanted to do it in CGI.”
Ahmed, 41, suspected the 'Star Wars’ creator opted against casting Michael because his profile threatened to overshadow the film.
He said: “My guess is ultimately Michael Jackson would have been bigger than the movie, and I don’t think he wanted that.”
After the horrified reaction to the character when ‘Episode 1’ was released, Jar Jar’s role in the sequels was drastically reduced.
However, he does inadvertently pave the way for the Emperor to take over the galaxy when he suggest to the senate that evil Senator Palpatine is granted emergency powers in ‘Episode II – Attack Of The Clones’
Image credits: Rex Features/20th Century Fox
Source Yahoo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment