Tuesday 17 February 2015

OBASANJO DUMPS PDP, TEARS MEMBERSHIP CARD PUBLICLY




Top of Form
Bottom of Form




Former President, and Ex Chairman, Board of Trustees for the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), General Olusegun Obasanjo today dumped the PDP at his residence in Abeokuta, saying he was no more a politician, but would remain a statesman.

The former PDP Chieftain posited that his decision came ahead of a plan by the party to expel him for alleged anti-party activities since he had been engaged in a squabble with President Goodluck Jonathan whom he accused of encouraging corruption and failing woefully in leadership.
President Obasanjo had accused President Jonathan of plotting to stir trouble in the country so the military could take over, peradventure he loses the March 28 Presidential elections.

Just Last week, President Obasanjo endorsed the opposition flagbearer, APC's Muhammadu Buhari, while President Jonathan on Saturday, accused the one time Military Head of State of working to create an Interim National Government, which he hopes to head.

In the words of President Olusegun Obasanjo he said,

“They said they want to expel me from PDP, although I have not been told but I have my ears on ground. We’ve been trying to run away from a man but he pleads we wait for him at the other side of the river. I have told you before that I became president on the platform of PDP, once I leave PDP I will not join any party,”

“I will only be a Nigerian, I am ready to work with anybody regardless of political affiliation. Why would some people say they want to send me away, they don’t need to bother themselves, here’s your membership card, take it,” Mr. Obasanjo said, before dumping his membership card which was later torn by a member of the party from his ward.

“From today on, in the presence of all us and with your support, I am not going to be in any political party in Nigeria. I am no more a politician but a statesman both internally and externally. The issued that they want to expel me from the party for, once you people are with me what other people am I looking for,” Obasanjo said.

What do you think of Obasanjo’s public dumping of the PDP? Do you think he is actually working for the opposition party, APC as alleged by the PDP? Is Obasanjo’s dumping of the PDP in any way significant to the outcome of the March 28 Presidential poll?

Tell us what you think




No comments:

Post a Comment