Thursday, 27 November 2014

NewDayCarean Adult and Special Needs Children Care Company Launches in Nigeria

Written by the guys at NewDayCarean Adult & Special needs Children Care company which just opened in Nigeria...
Are you finding it difficult finding out how to take care of your elder ones or a child with special needs such as autism cerebral palsy or any form of disability? Look no further because a solution is at your door step.NewDayCare Nigeria can help with such needs.
It all started about a year ago when my mother was diagnosed with a late stage brain tumor that left her in a coma for days, we were given an 80% chance of death risk and a 20% chance of survival and surgery was our only hope.

To the glory of the Lord my mother survived the surgery but as a vegetable, because all her motor skills had to be taught again like a new born child and this was a challenge for my family because we needed help to care for my mother during her recuperating period and we had none. I had a job that I had to keep to fend for the family alongside my dad because our medical bill was really high. We sourced around for a Care service and found none and then it hit me, I wanted to bring ease to families in hard times that have difficulties with family and relatives with disabilities who can’t lead a normal life without assistance; I decided to be the bearer for such hope to families and individuals in Nigeria.

I worked part-time at NewDayCare UK to get a better insight in order to bring such franchise to my Father Land Nigeria, and at the end of it all, it resulted in a partnership. 

So after partnering up with our sister Company NewDayCare UK, the dream to begin a Care Company was put in motion. And I’m proud to say NewDayCare Nigeria has since been launched on the 13th of October 2014 till date by MelvinaOduah (CEO) and Tonia Oduah (Executive Manager).
The service of the company includes deploying trained professionals to client homes to take care of their personal needs such as,
·         Disability support: deploying trained professionals that work with children or adults with special needs such as autism, cerebral palsy, Down syndrome, mood disorders, anxiety disorders, schizophrenia, dementia,eating disorders, substance abuse and also people on wheel chairs and many more.

·         Basic physiotherapy: NewDayCare care-givers help clients with physical difficulties resulting from illness, injury, disability or ageing. Clients can include children, seniors (elderly), stroke patients, people with mild mental disorders, etc.

This trained professional also helps with the client’s personal hygiene such as
·         Nail care
·         Dressing and undressing
·         Washing and bathing
They are trained to be good companionswhich involves
·         Engaging clients in conversations and encouraging seniors to share their thoughts, memories and feelings etc.
·         Helping clients stay as active as possible through outings & activities
·         Being a reasonable hand to steady and help seniors walk safely
·         Preparing meals and cleaning up meal related items
·         Reminding clients to take medications as prescribed by the medical team
·         Keeping medical appointments
·         Keeping family members aware and informed of what is happening
·         Help to communicate to the medical team the effectiveness or otherwise of medications administered  

·         Help with reading and keeping up with correspondence
·         Accompanying on holidays, day trips or other short trips

And the most interesting part is that you can get an immediate service as soon as you call to book an appointment, an immediate assessment will be carried out and a care-giver will be deployed.
To know more and enjoy from this fantastic service you can view our new day care website at or call us on 07046517253 or 08095271779.

Our office is located at: 1, Femi OlatunjiStreet, Osapa London, Lekki, Lagos.
You can also reach us on our twitter account at;@newdaycareng – on our Facebook page; NewDayCareNigeria -

Here at NewDayCare we offer more than just professional home care, we offer you the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment